Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Childhood



I walked outside fairly early this morning to get the newspaper and the air smelled exactly as I remember while walking to elementry school during the spring in Austin, TX. The air in Colorado pretty much never smells humid like it did this morning - it was a really odd moment considering that last night I dreamt about my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Chandler. Strange, but kind of fun:)
We close on our new house today and I'm starting to feel a little nervous. We've been thinking about moving for awhile, but now that it is really happening reality is setting in that we will actually have to MOVE. While we have totally outgrown our house, I'm feeling a little sad at the thought of leaving the place where we've had two babies and made so many wonderful memories together.

The garden we built over several summers

5 comments:

You with us said...

Marcy! Congratulations! I didn't know you guys were thinking of moving. I need details, girl! Where, what's it like, etc.? I can't wait to see another house transformed by your gift for making a home.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on a new home...I too want some details! That's exciting! Your garden is absolutely beautiful...you have such a gift for making things look so nice.

Barb and Andy said...

Love the garden...hard to leave behind I would guess. I loved our little house in Greeley and was sad to leave...looking forward to having another home that fits us, and maybe even a garden. Hey when are you due? I think our due dates are probably pretty close.
barb

sally clarkson said...

I so enjoyed your blog today and especially the Thomas Merton quote. I sent it to my daughter, Sarah.
What a precious family! May you continue to bless moms with your writing!
Blessings!
Sally Clarkson

Marcy said...

Hi girls and thanks for your sweet comments, I will make a post about our new house soon. I think about you all often and am glad I have now joined the blogging world to stay connected and encouraged. Barb, I'm due Sept. 12 but Sophie and Thomas were 10-11 days early. I'm hopeful for that this time around too:) How about you? Can't believe Sally Clarkson left a comment - I went to one of her conferences in January and it was wonderful. I'd highly recommend reading her book "Seasons of a Mother's Heart"