Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cannot Believe...



Henry is ONE!
Today was his big day and it came and went so quickly.
Mr. T asked about every five minutes {ALL DAY LONG} if it was time for the cake. No sweetheart, not until after dinner...like 8 hours from now. We had a usual day of swim lessons, chores, naps and errands. I took Henry on a little shopping excursion to Antrhopologie to get him a Jelly Cat stuffed dog. It was a fun outing for us and to Patrick's amazement and relief, the doggie was the only thing I purchased. I was thinking I could buy myself a "happy GIVE birthday" present but I refrained. Henry seemed pretty unfazed by his day until we sang happy birthday to him during dinner. He had the sweetest expressions that I had never really seen before tonight. I think he knew he was the man of the moment. Really glad we sang to him during dinner too because he was screaming while we sang to him for his cake. Something about not liking me wiping his eye with a wet cloth. I should have left his goopy eye well enough alone. It was a bummer, but he settled down after nursing and eventually enjoyed his cake and toys.

The first six months of his life were a total blur to me as I adjusted to being a mother of three. The last six months have been wonderful and I cannot imagine our family without our sweet boy. I enjoyed thinking today about Henry's birth and just how amazing it was that he was so healthy despite being 5 weeks premature. Thank you Lord for this gift of life.











Things he likes:
Rollin, rollin, rollin...
His big sister saying "YEEEAAAAHH HENRY!!!!!"
and "you're such a little chunker"
Hiding small choking hazard type objects like marbles in his mouth.
Nursing
Black beans and tomatoes

Nicknames:
Sir Henry
Henry Huggins
Hank
Hen

2 comments:

The Robinson Family said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! What a sweetheart! Hope to meet you someday in person!

Unknown said...

I love your blog page - I love to read your words on family :) xo