Monday, August 17, 2009

Homeschool here we come...

Today marked Sophie's first official day of Kindergarten at home! She was enthusiastic to say the least -- up by 6:30am dressed and ready to go. She literally jumped like a kangaroo into our bedroom this morning with an enormous smile on her sweet little face. Her enthusiasm wained a little bit after about an hour of our lesson...Thomas constantly asking for a snack amongst other things did not help. We had to finish our reading during the boys afternoon nap which actually worked quite well. I was asking Soph to think of words that start with the letter "W". She said "water", and then got stumped, so I said "What do you do if you are really really wanting something to happen?" (I'm thinking of "WISH" here) and she says "oh, WHINE." It does start with "W" and was certainly a good laugh! Hopefully we'll get the hang of our school schedule sooner than later. But even if we don't, I'm not too concerned. I can tell I'm going to love this...
I hope my children will too!

Had to take a picture by the front door...
even though we didn't go anywhere:)

Holding her favorite little drawing notebook




I'm Pretty sure she'll be teaching me a thing or two!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Marcy! I didn't know you were going to be homeschooling! That's awesome, I can't wait to hear more about how that goes. Can you believe we have kindergarteners? Carson starts school next week. I hope it goes really well for you! Sophie is sure a cutie!

The Robinson Family said...

Cute story! Best of luck to you. I hope it's a sweet time for you and Sophie.